Tuesday, November 24, 2009

CRITICAL THINKING: WRITING CLASSIFICATION



Think about what you want to classify and the categories you could
use.


ASK YOURSELF
• What is my purpose? What do I want to help my readers understand?
• How should I sort my topic according to my purpose and my
readers’ needs? What is my organizing principle?
• What categories will help my readers understand my topic?
• What people or items will fit into each category?

WRITE
Write a classification that demonstrates your main point by sorting
items into useful categories and giving detailed examples.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ♥ Xochilth ♥ said...

Thanks Marisol to upload this. It is very useful.

November 25, 2009 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Nelly said...

Thanks Marisol, this material will help us to understand better the classification essays. I hadn´t pay attetion on the purpuse, now I see it´s the most important part.

November 26, 2009 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Maira said...

Thanks for post it... it will be very helpful for me

December 4, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home