Saturday, September 12, 2009

SEPTIEMBRE DE 1800 TANTOS Y ... hasta HOY.


The tears, the cries, the shouts, the screams,

and the deaths.



I wish I could erase the paths of secrecy, silence and

darkness many of you had to traverse

I wish I could remove the ancient ashes of what you were

to find myself.


15 years of battles and death and then... slaves in their own land!

The forced works, the new life conditions, and sickness uprooted them with balsamic reasons.


I reject the hand of the masters from across the blue sea

covered with the also blue dyed fibers of indigo.

I refuse the color of their skin stealing the pure white of cotton.


In the name of God? Why did you kill behind the Cross?



(THIS FRAGMENT IS STILL BEING EDITED)










1 Comments:

Blogger shredder said...

Nice poem...,Do we have a really reaon to celebrate independence day???, I t is time to look forward in the historic reality.

September 30, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home